> "A circle of power that he can't penetrate." Julia answered Alex's
question,
> pointing a thumb toward the kitchen door to indicate it was outside "And I
> don't have time to go stand out in it" This was said to the Soulchaser.
>
> "And no, you can't go after him.  It's almost time for the trial." she
> looked at the clock on the wall "Matter of fact you should take Jimmy and
> Alex there now."
>
> She met and kept the Soulchaser's gaze, tone easy but meaning and gaze
> anything but "No one leaves the circle, you included.  Anything happen to
> them and I'll take it out of your hide."
>
> She then went to the kitchen door and whistled loud, getting Jimmy's
> attention, who leaned over the rail to look down at her.
>
> "It's time." she said before ducking back into the kitchen.
>
"Trial," Alex asked even more confused now.  "Whose trial?  And I thought
the point of him being here was so that he could catching, why won't you let
him do it?"

Alex

Reply via email to