I am trying to make a web component that can change the html later.
I tried using the get template method but when I used a variable, it did
not work. It only worked when using a string. The same happened when not
using the html template function and instead just creating my own template
element.

What causes this to happen?
What is the best practice?

Additionally, I would like to have a reference to the element so I can do
element.querySelector(subElement). Is the below really the best way to
achieve this?
https://stackoverflow.com/a/43007027/1764521

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
"Polymer" group.
to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/127cfd23-5562-40c7-9315-f20a8f503566%40googlegroups.com.