What are you using? Polymer 2, 3, or LitElement (I strongly urge the
latter).

If Polymer, you can access an element with const elem = this.$.[dom_id]....

If LitElement, you access an element with const elem =
this.shadowRoot.getElementById('[dom_id]') or any querySelector() wish.

Once you have access to an item in your element, say a <div>, you can

const child = document.createElement('some-element'); // anything you wish
elem.appendChild(child);

If you are working with Polymer or LitElement, I urge you to join the
Polymer Slack channel. Almost no one checks here.

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 8:12:56 PM UTC-5, Damien Golding wrote:

> I am trying to make a web component that can change the html later.
> I tried using the get template method but when I used a variable, it did
> not work. It only worked when using a string. The same happened when not
> using the html template function and instead just creating my own template
> element.
>
> What causes this to happen?
> What is the best practice?
>
> Additionally, I would like to have a reference to the element so I can do
> element.querySelector(subElement). Is the below really the best way to
> achieve this?
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/43007027/1764521

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
"Polymer" group.
to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/635dc3eb-2090-48c5-902c-6a2a0bfeaedd%40googlegroups.com.