David Matthews wrote:
Robert Roessler wrote:
The execution issue happens early in the "Custom Build Step" use of PolyImport.exe: during startup, the polymain(...) function obtains the size of installed physical memory, and then defaults to using half of it.

This issue comes up with both Unix and Windows.  Makarius has just sent
me an email about this issue in a virtual machine with Cygwin.
Generally this will work although there are circumstances in which it may not. In particular, on a shared machine or if there are other processes running Poly/ML there may be insufficient swap space. One possibility might be to have the code try allocating a large heap and progressively reduce the size if that fails.

Following up on my last message, I've now updated the code to try to allocate a smaller heap if the requested size fails. Currently, this works whether the heap size is given by -H option or by the default of half the real memory. I've tested it on Windows but not on Unix.

David