Hi, I thought I would give this a try (I know nothing about Isabelle or
HOL). So I downloaded the executable at
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2016-RC3/ and then ran
./Isabelle2016-RC3

At first it started building loads of files but I ran out of memory so had
to stop that building. Then I noticed a src/Tools/SML/Examples.thy in the
"Examples" dropdown in the "Documentation" tab on the right. So clicking
this opens the file, but I am not sure how to compile and run this file. I
looked at some online videos but they didnt really help. So how do I
compile and run the src/Tools/SML/Examples.thy file?

Thanks