Hi, so I selected "Pure" in the dropdown in the "Theories" tab, and now
isabelle/HOL does not try to build the theories anymore, which is good.

Now I can debug /src/Tools/SML/factorial.sml with the debugger stopping in
the factorial function everytime I make a change to the file.

If I untick the "Continuous checking" in the "Theories" tab, upon changing
the factorial.sml file, the debugger no longer gets activated. How do I
manually compile and run the factorial.sml file, when the "Continuous
checking" box is unticked?

Thanks