On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 12:35 PM Lorenzo Salvadore <
phascolarc...@protonmail.ch> wrote:

> > IMO at first sight it seems NONE since it don't match Predefined License
> > List
> >
> https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/book/#licenses-license-list
>
> A non predefined License is not NONE, it's a license that you have to
> specify
> manually, see for example
>
> https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/book/#licenses-license_perms-ex1
>
> You can find another example in math/maxima, where I had to add a
> MAXIMAEXTRACLAUSE
> license.
>
> If you put NONE, then no permission will be specified, although the
> license seems to give
> some. For example I think dist-mirror is fine.
>
> But please keep in mind that I am not a lawyer.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lorenzo Salvadore

For my personal needs I am maintaining a long list of
software repositories .

When there is not any license information in a repository ,
I am using
( Undefined )
phrase .

But in a USA Government related Github repository , when a
file in a repository does not have a license , they are using
Unknown
even if there are plenty of files with license information .

For such cases , I am using , for example ,
( BSD , see Parts )

When I am not able to identify a license with its name , but its
license is permissive with some restrictions , I am using
( Restricted )

phrase ( For me this is  UnUsable ... ) but some features may be
studied .

I am using
( Restricted )
phrase with a Permissive license such as BSD , ISC , or MIT ,
but it has additional requirements which I may not fulfill .

If the license is weak or strong copyleft I am not recording it .

In FreeBSD documents , If FreeBSD Project managers adopt such
a scheme for exceptional licensed sources , their definitions may be used .

I looked at the SPDX license list to search for an entry for such licenses ,
it seems that there is not any entry for unidentifiable licenses , or
I did not understand their system correctly .

With my best wishes .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk