steven mestdagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - removed autoconf and created a configure patch, setting CPPFLAGS="-Dunix".
>   (is this necessary?)

I don't see a reason for -Dunix.  Our compiler defines __unix__ by
default, which I see is also checked in the source.

>   What else is wrong with CPPFLAGS ?

(CXXFLAGS, not CPPFLAGS.)
Any predefined value is clobbered.  Really, rather than setting
-Dunix or empty flags, that line should just be removed from the
configure script.

> - included a patch adding #include <sys/param.h> in one of the cpp files
>   (inspired by porting.html and NetBSD).

What does this fix?  (I think the porting.html entry is misleading.)

> - fixed the PERMIT_*_CDROM.

The comment doesn't make sense, though.  Either it is under the
GPL, then there can be no clause demanding a CDROM.  Or it demands
a CDROM, then it is some private bizarro license, but not GPL.

I'm inclined to interpret this CDROM/book request as optional, not
obligatory.  If you feel uncertain, ask the author directly.

> - add post-install for man page, docs and examples.

I think you can drop the docs other than the man page.
I also don't see the values of the examples.

> amd64 seems to give the same behaviour as sparc64. The port builds and
> installs fine, but when converting a file, you get a good output but then
> the program exits with this "abort trap" error, resulting in a core dump.

Well, I just tried pstoedit -f fig on the included example PostScript
files on both amd64 and sparc64 and it worked just fine.  Can you
point me to a test file where pstoedit breaks?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]