Marc Espie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Note that this ought to work in about six months time.
>
> UTF8 support won't make OpenBSD 3.8, but I hope to commit it a little
> bit after that.

Thanks!

Now that I sat back and thought about it a bit longer, it probably
doesn't even matter to me that most of the aspects of UTF-8 processing
work completely.  Both xterm and emacs already work well enough for my
purposes.  All I needed to do is read gcc error strings produced by
fedora FC4.  For some silly reason that gcc used some high-page
unicode forward-tick and back-tick for quoting things in error/warning
messages.

Getting perl to shut up about the LANG variable was probably all I
really needed from perl.  (And that was a simple "export
PERL_BADLANG=0").

-wolfgang