I have to say no also to this idea.

While using Github separately for working on a particular group of ports
with a few others is fine, having 12 WIP ports would make a real mess.

For example, portgen with Perl makes a cpan directory with a good, but
very flawed start on a port, usually with quite a few new dependencies.
These would also need to go up into the tree for future work, by myself
or someday by others.

Some people put a new or updated port into devel or other category.
I put mine into mystuff in order to get a fresh tree, but keep my work
on a separate partition and safe.

The mountain of email messages I get from Github requires a different
email to endure it.

--
Chris Bennett