Marcus MERIGHI wrote (2023-02-11 17:14 CET):
> sh+openbsd-po...@codevoid.de (Stefan Hagen), 2023.02.10 (Fri) 19:28 (CET):
> > here is a command line signal client. It's lacking a lot of features,
> > but basic text send/receive functionality is there.
>
> for me the client quits upon receiving messages, reliably.
>
> 2023-02-11T15:50:33.433155Z ERROR panic: thread 'main' panicked at
>         'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { kind:
>         Uncategorized, message: "no current exe available (short)" }':
>         /usr/ports/pobj/gurk-rs-0.3.0/gurk-rs-0.3.0/modcargo-crates/ \
>         notify-rust-4.5.10/src/notification.rs:23

Oh, that's unfortunate and it's keeping me from going forward. I know it
works for me and kn@ had some success. But I also don't want to import
something that only works for half of the people. Missing features are
fine, but it shouldn't break like that.

> Regarding
>         Signal Messenger client for the terminal written in Rust.
>
> While beeing completely right it does not tell that it is a Text User
> Interface (TUI). Maybe steeli^Wtaking a bit from tut(1)'s description?
>
> So
>         TUI for Mastodon with vim inspired keys
> becomes
>         Signal Messenger client TUI with strange key bindings

Ironically, I find "for the terminal" clearer than TUI.

Only change in the attached version:

$ cat pkg/DESCR
Signal Messenger TUI client written in rust. It's an early development
version which allows sending and receiving text messages from the
terminal. The non-configurable key bindings can be viewed with F1.

I'd be happy to see some reports where it works.

Best regards,
Stefan