Hello,

s...@spacehopper.org (Stuart Henderson), 2023.02.17 (Fri) 10:50 (CET):
> On 2023/02/17 08:13, Stefan Hagen wrote:
> > Marcus MERIGHI wrote (2023-02-11 17:14 CET):
> > > sh+openbsd-po...@codevoid.de (Stefan Hagen), 2023.02.10 (Fri) 19:28 (CET):
> > >
> > > for me the client quits upon receiving messages, reliably.
> > >
> > > 2023-02-11T15:50:33.433155Z ERROR panic: thread 'main' panicked at
> > >         'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { kind:
> > >         Uncategorized, message: "no current exe available (short)" }':
> > >         /usr/ports/pobj/gurk-rs-0.3.0/gurk-rs-0.3.0/modcargo-crates/ \
> > >         notify-rust-4.5.10/src/notification.rs:23
> >
> > Oh, that's unfortunate and it's keeping me from going forward. I know it
> > works for me and kn@ had some success. But I also don't want to import
> > something that only works for half of the people. Missing features are
> > fine, but it shouldn't break like that.
>
> Does it work if you use the full path when running the binary?

Yes, it does! Tried multiple times.

I receive messages and the chats that I've been part of since linking to
the phone have popped up, nice.

> > > Regarding
> > >         Signal Messenger client for the terminal written in Rust.
> > >
> > > While beeing completely right it does not tell that it is a Text User
> > > Interface (TUI). Maybe steeli^Wtaking a bit from tut(1)'s description?
> > >
> > > So
> > >         TUI for Mastodon with vim inspired keys
> > > becomes
> > >         Signal Messenger client TUI with strange key bindings
> >
> > Ironically, I find "for the terminal" clearer than TUI.
>
> me too.

To me there's two types of user interfaces "for the terminal".

Command line, based on stdin/stdout/stderr, like wc(1).

Or an program that is started from the command line but its user
interface is not based on stdin/stdout/stderr, like mutt.

"for the terminal" does not tell which one of these it is.

Am I getting it wrong? In what way?

Marcus