Hello ports@,

I have just finished a new revision of my texlive work.

During the last week we have found 3 bugs in xetex and managed to
patch them out with help from Jonathan Kew (The main xetex developer).

2 bus error's were related to mishandling of the kerning tables on big
endian architectures.

1 seg fault was found which was caused by poor quality fonts.
icu-xetex now deals with this in a far more robust fashion.

Many thanks to Jonathan for his help on these.

Now that these bugs are eradicated, you can use TTF and OpenType fonts
in texlive (using xe(la)tex) with impressive results. There is a
screenshot of some novelty TTF fonts in action here:
http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett/texlive/xetex_test.jpg

For documentation on how to use TTF/OT fonts in read up on the
"fontspec" macro's on ctan.org.

Also I have finished documenting the port. You may download a PDF or
the source code from my website.

I have tested this on sparc64 and i386 snapshots.

Please test and comment.

Is this ready for being included? As far as I know this is feature complete now.

--
Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett