* Peter Thoenen [2007-08-08]:
> Tor 1.1.x has BEEN DEPRECIATED from before the time 4.1 STABLE was

Tor 1.2 only came out around the release of 4.1 and no update was marked
a security update, so there was no reason to update the -stable ports.
We have our policies and we do have them for a good reason.

> two week per the developers.  The developers announced all users
> should update immediately yet still not seeing this port updated in
> stable when I csup.

So what? Where does the OpenBSD project guarantee you security updates
or any service whatsoever within any fixed timeframe? -current was
updated within a week and 4.1-stable shortly thereafter. 4.0 will have
to wait a little longer.

> Can you (Rui) update this port finally as it would count as a security
> update or you just going to hang out and continue to be a subpar
> maintainer.

How about you smart ass send diffs instead of being a subpar user?  And
btw, we have a process for dealing with unresponsive maintainers.  It's
documented in the archives, but that of course, would mean a little work
on your side finding out...

> If you don't want to maintain your own port then let me know and I or
> somebody else can do it but this is ridiculous.  You

Since 4.1 the tor port was updated within days of the release of a new
version. Get your facts straight.

> Sorry to be an ass Rui but with maintenance comes responsibility.

You have a responsibilty as well, mr consumer, care to take it on?

Nikolay