On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:13:52PM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:

> well i decided to be spontaneous and upgrade via the diff (thinking we're
> using
> the same ver now).

should say I am using the SDL 1.2.12 update.  I don't see anything
there that would change the sitaution with audio directly, but that
doesn't mean it won't change anything.

 anyway i find with -ad sun it only outputs anything for about
> 3 seconds (meaning i have to open a rom fast or i will not hear anything at
> all). -ad sdl gives same results as previous 1.42 build. setting to 48000
> still
> has static, though i did notice the 'waves' seemed to get closer together and
> it did seem a big clearer..
>
> > and if that doesn't work, can you send me the output of 'audioctl -a'
> > when you start hearing static?
>
> appended to the bottom :)
>

> > oh, and you said zsnes got worse.  was is a little staticy before and
> > more now, or was there no such static before?
> >

> yes actually, this is the part where i was meaning to mention to you when you
> originally made the sdl patch etc. the sound in zsnes was good enough that it
> actually had next to no static (a little bit here and there but seemed random)
> however, the games seem smoother now, as if before the audio was holding it
> up. still a step in the right direction, no?

maybe.  still having a hard time putting my finger on the problem.

thanks for the info.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]