On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:45:22AM +0000, Jona Joachim wrote:
> I got the following error with my configuration file:

> Error detected while loading xmonad configuration file: /home/jaj/.xmonad/
> xmonad.hs
>
> xmonad.hs:150:56:
>     Couldn't match expected type `String'
>            against inferred type `Maybe [Char]'
>     In the first argument of `restart', namely `(Just "xmonad")'
>     In the second argument of `(>>)', namely
>         `restart (Just "xmonad") True'
>     In the expression:
>           (broadcastMessage ReleaseResources)
>         >>
>           (restart (Just "xmonad") True)
>
> Please check the file for errors.
>
> My xmonad.hs is copied from the template file from xmonad.org and largely
> unmodified. Changing 'Just "xmonad"' to '"xmonad"' fixed the error.

Indeed, restart has changed type from

        Maybe String -> Bool -> X ()

        String -> Bool -> X ()

So the template on xmonad.org is outdated; I'll fix it on the xmonad
wiki this evening.

Anyway, the xmonad-lib subpackage  contains a *working* xmonad.hs
in ${LOCALBASE}/share/doc/xmonad-0.6 -- maybe I should add a note
to DESCR-lib, or even a MESSAGE-lib?

Ciao,
        Kili