On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:32:42 +0100
Matthias Kilian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:45:22AM +0000, Jona Joachim wrote:
> > I got the following error with my configuration file:

> > Error detected while loading xmonad configuration
> > file: /home/jaj/.xmonad/ xmonad.hs
> >
> > xmonad.hs:150:56:
> >     Couldn't match expected type `String'
> >            against inferred type `Maybe [Char]'
> >     In the first argument of `restart', namely `(Just "xmonad")'
> >     In the second argument of `(>>)', namely
> >         `restart (Just "xmonad") True'
> >     In the expression:
> >           (broadcastMessage ReleaseResources)
> >         >>
> >           (restart (Just "xmonad") True)
> >
> > Please check the file for errors.
> >
> > My xmonad.hs is copied from the template file from xmonad.org and
> > largely unmodified. Changing 'Just "xmonad"' to '"xmonad"' fixed
> > the error.
>
> Indeed, restart has changed type from
>
>       Maybe String -> Bool -> X ()

>       String -> Bool -> X ()
>
> So the template on xmonad.org is outdated; I'll fix it on the xmonad
> wiki this evening.
>
> Anyway, the xmonad-lib subpackage  contains a *working* xmonad.hs
> in ${LOCALBASE}/share/doc/xmonad-0.6 -- maybe I should add a note
> to DESCR-lib, or even a MESSAGE-lib?

I should perhaps have checked ${LOCALBASE}/share/doc in the first
place. It may be handy for users to have a note in MESSAGE-lib or
DESCR-lib but I don't know if it's really needed.
I can confirm that everything works fine with xmonad.hs from
${LOCALBASE}/share/doc/xmonad-0.6 on amd64.

Greetings,
Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns