* Martin Schr?der <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-04-25 17:32:26]:

> 2008/4/25 Travers Buda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >  There is plenty of precedent for this sort of thing.  Plus, xpdf
> >  is GPL 2, so we're not dealing with some sort of Iceweasel or Apache
> >  type malarkey.  It's not an issue.
>
> Read section 2 of the GPL2 please.
>
> Best
>    Martin

This part?

"You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion
of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
distribute such modifications..."

Apache, in my example, added some sort of clause that you can't
modify / distribute their software and call it apache.  That's not
the GPL, that's their own clause.  It's the rebranding issue.  It
does not exist with xpdf.  But really, the rebranding issue is not
germane to this discussion; there's no need to fork the software.
That would be the only time I would consider such action.

--
Travers Buda