Sorry I am replying to myself.

I realized the English in pkg/DESCR is horrible. I wonder how it could
be so bad since I got it from the author's website.

Anyway I fixed it after someone pointed out the problem in a personal
mail. It now reads better.

$ cat pkg/DESCR

 ipguard listens on the network for ARP packets. All permitted MAC/IP
 pairs are listed in the 'ethers' file. If it receives an ARP packet
 with a MAC/IP pair which is not listed in 'ethers' file, it will send
 an ARP reply with a fake address. This will prevent unregistered
 hosts from working properly on this ethernet segment.

http://gayatri-hitech.com/Misc/ipguard.tgz

I am not sure if we should go for a separate FLAVOR.

Should I apply the broadcast patch to the default port?

Thanks.

-Girish