On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 06:55:02PM -0800, patrick keshishian wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > But we are better than this.  Since when is it ok that pkg_add -ui screws
> > up?  Are we turning into debian?
>
> i relate, as I'm sure others (maybe not many) do as well.

my update was completely seemless.  what problem are you having?

> > I'll let it rest though since it seems that no one gives a shit; why
> > should I care?
>
> because, if you don't speak up no one will think there is anything wrong.

mozilla is no longer maintaining mozilla.  take your bitches to them.

unless you are going to maintain mozilla 2.x branch, of course.

> I spoke up about cramming crap-load of needless dependencies into
> ports w/o giving the end user a choice in the matter (e.g., building
> gimp with python, etc.). I don't think it got me anywhere, but at
> least i voiced my opinion. my voice doesn't carry much weight, but I
> was hoping that logic would.
>
> It is one thing to make sure software available on linux platforms are
> able to install and work on OpenBSD. It is completely another issue to
> morph OpenBSD into linux with each package install.

now you are volunteering to maintain all ports?

wow, you must have a lot of free time.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]