Frantisek,

On 02-Feb-2009 frantisek holop wrote:

> cvs history for scaffolding makefiles which support
> _only and only_ the latest and greatest and only and only
> in -current dont seem like terribly important information
> to me.  it's not like we are talking about important C files
> like in src or xenocera.  hands up who would be distressed
> if the initial import for liberty fonts got lost?
> especially the fonts, these are pretty simple ports anyway.

Sorry, I have to say I would not want to lose editing history on any
file.  For example, I run an older port of some of my stuff, and if
someone just removed all the old editing history, I would be in trouble.
However, I have seen CVS directories and files moved without losing the
history, so I don't think it is technically impossible, but I would
guess it is a question of whether it is so inconvenient that the trouble
outweighs the benefit, but in this case, I would lean towards saying
that the trouble *is* worth it.

--
Aaron W. Hsu <arcf...@sacrideo.us> | <http://www.sacrideo.us>
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to