I am playing with a peace of software which I would like to port
to OpenBSD. When I run make build I keep getting compiler warning

ChkTeX.o(.text+0x69): In function `AddStars':
: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
ChkTeX.o(.text+0x7a): In function `AddStars':
: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()

What would be the proper way to deal with such warning in
OpenBSD world?

My second question is regarding run dependencies. Namely program
requires lynx, perl, and tex to run. Obviously I am listing tex
but should I list lynx and perl since they are part of the base?

And yes I am reading bsd.port.mk. I am just slow learner.

Best,
Predrag