On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 02:31:11AM -0500, punoseva...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am playing with a peace of software which I would like to port
> to OpenBSD. When I run make build I keep getting compiler warning
>
> ChkTeX.o(.text+0x69): In function `AddStars':
> : warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
> ChkTeX.o(.text+0x7a): In function `AddStars':
> : warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()
>
> What would be the proper way to deal with such warning in
> OpenBSD world?

Teach upstream to use strlcpy/strlcat when those fonctions are available
? Anyway, those are just warnings, and with the time we learnt that it
was not worth it to patch upstream code to replace those calls if there
were too much. Maintenance pain afterwards.

> My second question is regarding run dependencies. Namely program
> requires lynx, perl, and tex to run. Obviously I am listing tex
> but should I list lynx and perl since they are part of the base?

No, don't bother, only reference tex.

Landry