On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Stuart Henderson<s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2009/07/21 17:02, Jason Dixon wrote:

>> > Isn't post-install a little late? :-)
>> >
>> > IIRC, I had this problem moving from 8.2 to 8.3 (when upgrading my
>> > server from OpenBSD 4.3 to 4.4), and that happened when I was following
>> > the upgrade guide that specifically calls out the issue in the upgrade
>> > guide (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade44.html).
>> >
>> > Post-install isn't actually too late, since installing is not the same
>> > as running (which is where the problem is), but on a system with a
>> > decent number of packages it's hard to go through the post-install
>> > messages of EVERY upgraded package looking for problems at OS upgrade
>> > time.  I dunno what a better solution is, having it in the upgrade guide
>> > seems like the best spot but obviously it's not perfect either.
>>
>> Reasonable solution (examples):
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=120637961514930&w=2
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=120631560919405&w=2
>> http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20080324162049
>>
>> Expect an Undeadly story soonish.
>
> it can be a little easier this time.
>
> http://pg-migrator.projects.postgresql.org/

I was hoping there would be an on-line documentation I could browse,
but nothing obvious from that URL. The IMPLEMENTATION and README in
the source dist are good reference points. The former ponts to the
following PDF presentation by Bruce Momjian (July '09)

http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/pg_migrator.pdf

Thanks Stuart for the pointer.

--patrick