Hello Vijay,
i just tried your suggestion.. but it installed every single dependancy not
needed by mysql. Including stuff like:

bzip2-1.0.5         block-sorting file compressor, unencumbered
c-client-2007e      University of Washington's c-client mail access routines
curl-7.19.3p0       get files from FTP, Gopher, HTTP or HTTPS servers
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22p5 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
gmp-4.2.4           library for arbitrary precision arithmetic
jpeg-6bp3           IJG's JPEG compression utilities
python-2.5.4        interpreted object-oriented programming language
sqlite3-3.6.10      embedded SQL implementation
tk-8.4.19           graphical toolkit for Tcl

Iam going to try the method suggested by Patrick and will inform.

-Matt