Björn Ketelaars writes:

> OK, I think I've got them all:
>
> * Update to Exim 4.71 by Bernd;
> * Added a bit more information to MESSAGE concerning the use of
> mailwrapper;
> * Removed information from MESSAGE concerning converting from Exim 3;
> * Removed Exim 3 converting script from package;
> * Changed no_x11 flavor to -x11 subpackage (also added PSEUDO_FLAVOR
> no_x11 for those who like to compile in a X11-less environment);

I'd call the subpackage "eximon" and not "exim-x11", after all it
contains eximon and its highly unlikely that anything else will ever go
into this subpackage.

> * Removed "WITH_OLD_DEMIM" from no_exiscan flavor. This exim condition
> is deprecated;

I wouldn't remove WITH_OLD_DEMIME as long as upstream supports the
"demime" condition. Removing this feature might break existing setups.

At least, there ought to be a hint in the MESSAGE file on how to replace
the "demime" condition. There's a chapter called "Content scanning at
ACL time" in the Exim manual that explains the demime" and "decode"
conditions.

> * Removed iconv flavor, whereby libiconv is changed from optional to
> mandatory;

I'd also remove the no_exiscan flavor. Firstly, that flavor comes from a
time when exiscan was distributed as a separate patch. Secondly,
removing this flavor won't break existing setups. Thirdly, I doubt that
anybody uses the no_exiscan flavor. Everbody I know uses Exim because of
its content scanning features.

Personally, I'd also put all the other flavors into a single flavor
called "heavy". Even if you are going to use LDAP only nothing will
break if the PostgreSQL, MySQL and SASL client libraries get installed.

Can OpenBSD's ports system handle upgrades from "exim", "exim-iconv" and
"exim-no_exiscan" to "exim" and from all other flavors to "exim-heavy"?

> * Use of syslog instead of seperate logfiles under /var/spool/exim/logs/.

I don't like this change very much. I've always bothered that the log
files aren't stored under /var/log/exim and, actually, I also use
syslog, but this is a significant change and IMHO packages should try to
keep changes as minimal as possible. For example, people might have set
up scripts that monitor the log files stored in /var/spool/exim/logs/.
At least, this change ought to be documented and announced properly.

Kind regards,
Andreas