Hi,

(potentially interested parties in CC.)

Since the last snapshot containing mplayer-20100308 I have noticed:

a) DVD's don't play on my thinkpad using the external CD drive. I am not sure if
this ever worked - its the first time.

I notice this in dmesg at this time:
cd0(umass0:1:0): Check Condition (error 0x70) on opcode 0x28
    SENSE KEY: Illegal Request
     ASC/ASCQ: Read Of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

Now I know mplayer had its own DVD decrypter, but has this changed? Anyone
know. Either way I have installed:

libdvd-0.3p2        descramble scrambled DVDs using ACSS
libdvdcss-1.2.9     descramble scrambled DVDs
libdvdnav-4.1.3v0   DVD read/navigation library
libdvdread-0.9.7p1  accessing DVD files

b) Stuttering sound after some time of playing some file/stream. Very annoying.
The old version of mplayer did not do this for me.

Has anyone experienced either of these issues, or is it a hardware
specific bug?

Maybe I need to work on another update - perhaps we just checked out at a bad
time.

I just looked at the mplayer www page, they are thinking of... releasing?!
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Thanks for enduring my nonsensical rantings.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk