On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 02:21:01AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (potentially interested parties in CC.)
>
> Since the last snapshot containing mplayer-20100308 I have noticed:
>
> a) DVD's don't play on my thinkpad using the external CD drive. I am not sure
> if
> this ever worked - its the first time.

erf, I can no longer verify which version it was but with a relatively recent
snapshot i watched a dvd weeks ago.

> I notice this in dmesg at this time:
> cd0(umass0:1:0): Check Condition (error 0x70) on opcode 0x28
>     SENSE KEY: Illegal Request
>      ASC/ASCQ: Read Of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication
>
> Now I know mplayer had its own DVD decrypter, but has this changed? Anyone
> know. Either way I have installed:
>
> libdvd-0.3p2        descramble scrambled DVDs using ACSS
> libdvdcss-1.2.9     descramble scrambled DVDs
> libdvdnav-4.1.3v0   DVD read/navigation library
> libdvdread-0.9.7p1  accessing DVD files
>
> b) Stuttering sound after some time of playing some file/stream. Very
> annoying.
> The old version of mplayer did not do this for me.
>
> Has anyone experienced either of these issues, or is it a hardware
> specific bug?

I have experienced this while playing a mp3 two or three days ago, I have
switched
to mpg123 to make sure it wasn't related to the file itself and it worked
perfect.
didn't fill a bug report because i was unsure my bastard system was at cause

--
Gilles Chehade
freelance developer/sysadmin/consultant

                   http://www.poolp.org