On Sunday 22 May 2011 03:46:55 Ryan Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 06:12:31PM -0400, Brynet wrote:
> > Cool, thanks for looking at this Ryan and Antti for sending it to him, my
> > patches made revision 1879-1881 so anything newer than that is cool.
> >
> > They rejected my change for OpenGL support though, this project dlopen's
> > libGL.so.1 and libGLU.so.1.
> >
> > The following patch is needed for that, other things that might be worth
> > fixing is the GTK+ frontend, and POLYMER. I think NEDMALLOC can be
> > avoided.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > -Bryan.
>
> Thanks, I've added that patch in. I also made additions to astub.c and
> game.c for addsearchdir to check /usr/local/share/games/duke3d which makes
> the shareware data pulled in with several of Antti's other Makefile
> entries.

I personally don't like the extra "games" directory. Looks like some software
gets installed under "apps/" too. I'd like to know what the consensus is, any
developers got an opinion?

> I'm not entirely sure if including shareware data with the port is a good
> idea though, and perhaps it would be best served by a seperate
> games/duke3ddata port akin to the current games/doomdata. thoughts?

I disagree. The non-free original data can be installed elsewhere by the user,
there cannot be a port for that anyway so why split shareware out of the main
port?

--
Antti Harri