On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 05:05:49PM -0500, Jiri B wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:49:16AM +0000, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Try installing texmf-full.
>
> $ pkg_info | grep texlive
>

> texlive_base-2011p0 base binaries for TeXLive typesetting distribution
> texlive_texmf-full-2011 texlive texmf for XeTeX/ConTeXt and extra macros
> texlive_texmf-minimal-2011 texlive texmf for laTeX/PdfTeX
>
> $ context --version
>
> mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Right heres the lowdown:

ConTeXt no longer uses libkpse to locate files. So they have their own
database separate from the ls-R styled one.

To fix this we need to:

1) Patch the correct paths into /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
2) Generate the hashes:
   (as root, mtxrun --generate)

Now context is ready to work:

---8<--
# context --version

mtx-context     | main context file:
/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2011.05.18 18:04
---8<--

Sadly step two takes a long time and uses a *lot* of memory (the normal
user login class is not enough heap).

Given that few people are using context on OpenBSD, I am going to
reccommend adding stage two as a manually run step a user can undertake
*if* they want to use context.

Is it about time ConTeXt has it's own port? This is what I am going to
reccommend in the long term. But not right now.

I am CCing kili@ and espie@, who may have opinions on this.

Jiri, as a workaround, can you compile context with texexec? This has
always been the "traditional" way to compile context docs.

Thanks

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett