On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 01:41:48PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> To build the old vlc, the best starting point is probably
> 'cd /usr/ports/x11/vlc; cvs up -D 2010/05/01'.

Thanks for answering. I made a couple of attempts but gave up. There
seem to be too many dependencies to sort out.

> Personally if I was doing this, I'd be looking at sndio's network support
> and seeing what it would take to write something which accepts an incoming
> connections and splits the stream out to multiple listeners instead...

aucat/sndio looks promising but: despite their high-standard OpenBSD man
pages, actual usage is incomprehensible for a non-developer like me. I
haven't been able to find any information on the net describing usage.
Hopefully someone will feel like writing a howt... eh, I mean "tutorial"
one day, something like the good ones found at kernelpanic.it.

Regards,
Erling