On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 05:43:22PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net> wrote:
>
> > i think your mailer ate the diff... and while here, a fix to libmad's
> > PKGNAME would be appropriate, so that it actually complies to
> > packages-specs(7) (ie libmad-0.15.1betap0), which would need an EPOCH
> > bump to go forward...
>
> What's wrong with libmad-0.15.1bp0?  packages-specs says:
>
> | Parts can also be numbers with an optional letter appended.  The
> | numbers are compared numerically, and in case of equality, the letter
> | makes the difference.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de

Is it actually a Beta version??
I didn't check. I will take a better look.

man packages-specs also says:

The last part may contain an extra suffix matching rc[N],
beta[N], pre[N], or pl[N], with N an optional number.  These
correspond to traditional notations for `release candidate',
`beta version', `pre-release', `patch-level', and are
ordered accordingly, e.g., beta is oldest, rc and pre are next
(and non-comparable to one another), then normal version,
and finally pl.

Chris Bennett