Quoting Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk>:

Hi. vtigercrm was removed from ports because it is very simple to install it
and it requires no patching to work on OpenBSD. So you are free to use it with
php-5.3

Oops, here are the warnings and errors I get after I changed CommonUtils.php

Ok no problem and thanks. I'll try the beta when I have time
tomorrow evening and fallback to 5.3 if need be.

I do appreciate it in ports though depending on 5.3 or kept around as
is or in the attic as it has a slightly useful pkg-readme and gives make
install convenience especially if vtigercrm 6 beta works when released
as I guess it must with 5.4. The port pulls in some dependencies that
are apparent once started but may be harder to find beforehand these
days as vtiger.com seems to be removing (404) the documentation, I
guess to encourage their business of cloud users.

As a side note evince takes an age to build Qt and so I have switched
to epdfview but my favourite reader with tabs and open pdf memory is
qpdfview which I may find time to port (look at the porting process
more closely) next year if no one has done so by then.

Sorry, I have not been replying to the list with this as well as other ports I have been testing mainly because my tests were all useless and I did not want to waste bandwidth on the list. I will reply to the list from now on.

Anyways, I tried building the vtigercrm 5.4 package after setting MODPHP_VERSION to 5.3 and editing adodb, commonutils, and the changes listed in the 5.3 readme. It was a new install with no php 5.4 packages and I built everything from scratch with MODPHP_VERSION=5.3.

However, it did not work and the results were worse than the official package from snapshots. At least the official package runs if CommonUtils.php is edited, even though it is unusable. The 5.3 version just did not work at all and so I ended up wiping that system completely. If it is useful, I can retry it and send the results to ports@.

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited
vsan...@foretell.ca

This message was sent using ForeTell-POST 4.9