> As a side note evince takes an age to build Qt and so I have switched
> to epdfview but my favourite reader with tabs and open pdf memory is
> qpdfview which I may find time to port (look at the porting process
> more closely) next year if no one has done so by then.

Out of interest rather than any desire to have this fixed as I am happy
with epdfview. I guess upstream would need to do so anyway and having
noticed epdfview using a qtlib and evince seemingly having a build
depend on the whole of QT.

I asked a guy at a QT stand if the Gnome devs were likely not building
evince in the correct way and he responded with, probably.

Is it laziness or difficult change tracking or could QT be more
modular?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)