LEVAI Daniel <l...@ecentrum.hu> writes:

> On cs, dec 19, 2013 at 14:14:40 +0100, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
>> LEVAI Daniel <l...@ecentrum.hu> writes:
> [...]
>> but you can keep the upstream version in the comment.
> [...]
>
> This was fixed in the last tarball.

"0" was indeed their version number, hehe.  Ahem.

>> > Okay, I tried to do a better job this time. The source builds a
>> > libscrypt.so.0 file, and I couldn't get pkg_create(1) to recognize the
>> > lib mentioned in SHARED_LIBS, so I had to mv libscrypt.so.0 ->
>> > libscrypt.so.0.0
>> > I've also @comment-ed the symlink to ...so.0 in PLIST. Now the library
>> > is correctly prefixed with @lib in the PLIST.
>>
>> Just patch the Makefile.  We don't use -soname.  What I'd do is ''-o
>> libscrypt.so.${LIBscrypt_VERSION}'', you can pass the version in
>> MAKE_FLAGS.  The symlinks can be patched away while here.
>
> Okay, thanks! I've attached a new archive that includes these changes.

I doubt -soname $fullversion is a good idea.  But we don't need
it -soname at all.  Also, duplicating information that could be present
in the port Makefile only isn't a good idea.

Here's a tarball that uses MAKE_FLAGS to pass CC, CFLAGS and
LIBscrypt_VERSION.

Also:
- simplify V / GH_VER usage (only GH_VER is needed)
- reorder variables to match Makefile.template
- provide a HOMEPAGE
- more info in DESCR

>> This still needs SHARED_ONLY, the .a isn't installed and building it
>> should not involve -fPIC.
>>
>> PFRAG.shared can be merged in PLIST.
>
> These were also fixed in the last tarball.

Boo, tarball mixup.

--
jca | PGP: 0x06A11494 / 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494