Johan Huldtgren schrieb am 16.05.2014 21:04:

> On 5/15/14, 2:23 PM, Nils R wrote:
>
>> Thanks :)  It's a nice program indeed.  Finally a tagger with a sane
>> config syntax, low overhead and which allows to get tags from
>> musicbrainz *and* discogs.  Btw, i use to browse the ports tree on
>> ports.su from time to time to look for nice programs i would otherwise
>> never notice, e.g. xbanish, youtube-dl, lumail, and many more.
>
> I've been using beets on FreeBSD so I moved over my library.db and
> config.yaml to test this out. However I had quite a few plugins enabled
> that don't work in the port yet (as per your earlier e-mail). So here is
> what I needed to do to get it all working:
>
> fetchart just needs www/py-requests, which we have and doesn't pull
> in anything additional, so adding it as a RUN_DEPENDS seems like a
> reasonable idea.
>
> I created a port for py-discogs-client, see separate e-mail.
>
> I created a pkg/MESSAGE to mention it and a few other plugins which
> require additional packages to be installed.
>
> Finally the man pages for beet and beetsconfig weren't installed by
> your port so I added that step.
>
> updated port is attached.
>
> .jh

Hi Johan,

thanks for spotting these issues.  I also came across the problem that
dependencies for the plugins are missing, but decided that this should
not be part of beets, because we can't pull in all dependencies for all
plugins, and they are documented on the beets documentation.  py-request
won't hurt though, and it is needed by a fair amount of plugins, so i
think it's a good idea to just have it pulled in by beets, thats less
confusing for the users.

I also created a port for discogs, but didn't post it to the list yet :)
I'll compare them and then post in the other thread.

Thanks for your help!

Nils