Landry Breuil wrote, On 05/15/14 12:26:
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 08:19:08PM +0100, Fred wrote:
Hi Ports,

This might be old information but I have just noticed that spell checking is
working again in Firefox 29.0 and Thunderbird 24.5.0
Yes, i finally found time to dig into it, and it got commited with 29.0.
Not everything is properly fixed (the root issue is not, see
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/991278), but at least this way it works.

After upgrading to OBSD 5.5 my spell checker also quit working with Seamonkey 2.23, the release package. I've been trying to live without it until November, but I just can't. My spelling isn't 100% and I use email for professional business communications.

port:fred ~> pkg_info|grep thunder
thunderbird-24.5.0  Mozilla e-mail, rss and usenet client
thunderbird-i18n-en-GB-24.5.0 en-GB language pack for Thunderbird
port:fred ~> pkg_info|grep firefox
firefox-29.0        Mozilla web browser

pachl@neo$ pkg_info | grep -e mozilla -e seamonkey
mozilla-dicts-en-GB-1.3p0 en-GB dictionary for Mozilla
seamonkey-2.23      Mozilla application suite

Well, the interesting part is having mozilla-dicts-$YOURLANG installed
for proper spellcheck in your language :) not the i18n ui strings..

Landry

Should spellcheck work in Seamonkey Mail with my 5.5 release packages? I'm in "US" and not "GB". The "en-GB" dict was installed automatically, but there doesn't seem to be a US version. I also tried installing the mozilla-dicts-en-CA-1.3p0 package but that didn't work.

I'm not sure how to select/configure the dictionary language. Do I need to set an environment variable or a config in Seamonkey?

The dictionary in "Preferences > Appearance > Spelling > Language" is "English/United States". It is my only choice in the drop down menu. I've also tried downloading other dictionaries as an "add-on" but that didn't work either.

I am tempted to download the packages tree and remake the package. However, I'm hesitant to proceed because of this: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#NoFun

If somone can point me in the right direction to get my spell checker working, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Clint

P.S. this email may contain spelling errors!  ;-)