On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 03:27:19PM -0700, Clint Pachl wrote:
> Landry Breuil wrote, On 05/15/14 12:26:
> >On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 08:19:08PM +0100, Fred wrote:
> >>Hi Ports,
> >>
> >>This might be old information but I have just noticed that spell checking is
> >>working again in Firefox 29.0 and Thunderbird 24.5.0
> >Yes, i finally found time to dig into it, and it got commited with 29.0.
> >Not everything is properly fixed (the root issue is not, see
> >http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/991278), but at least this way it works.
>
> After upgrading to OBSD 5.5 my spell checker also quit working with
> Seamonkey 2.23, the release package. I've been trying to live without it
> until November, but I just can't. My spelling isn't 100% and I use email for
> professional business communications.

I somewhat doubt it "stopped working" since it was known broken since
basically forever. Spellchecking was fixed _after_ 5.5 was branched, so
you'll either have to:
- upgrade to -current to get seamonkey 2.26, which *should* be fixed
- backport the fix, which consist in rebuilding the package adding
  --with-system-hunspell to CONFIGURE_ARGS.

Landrty