On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 01:42:28PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
> Hi ports --
>
> And earlier version of the attached diff was passed around but I think it's
> time now to get it in (thanks jasper for the prodding).
> This will get gcc-4.8 built on mips64el (I'm assuming mips64 as well...).
> This gcc was able to build working llvm binaries on mips64el from their HEAD
> from about 3 weeks ago (did not build clang because clang doesn't support
> mips3 yet).

What this does is build gcc 4.8 with base gcc and stop. Normal gcc
builds bootstrap themselves over a couple of stages, thus providing some
assurance that the new compiler is actually working well enough to build
itself.

I suspect once you try to compile something with this 4.8, it will blow up
in binutils with just the same error.