On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 01:45:56AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2014/08/19 20:43, Brian Callahan wrote:
--snip--
> > Not run-tested, but:
> > Please use ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} instead of @mkdir -p
> > I think I'd prefer seeing WRKSRC instead of WRKDIST (you could also make
> > that all one big line, like ${INSTALL_DATA}
> > ${WRKSRC}/{Changes,LICENSE,README} ... )
>
> Install these into an unversioned docs directory, too. Reduces churn
> at update time.
>
> > You have a .orig file in pkg/

Hi,

Thanks for the comments and tips. I've some question on the feedback:

- The reason for WRKDIST is because bsd.port.mk(5) stated it is where the
distribution files are unpack. Quoting bsd.port.mk(5):

     WRKDIST       Subdirectory of ${WRKDIR} in which the distribution files
                   normally unpack.  Base for all patches.  Defaults to
                   ${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME}.  Note that WRKDIST may be a symbolic
                   link, if set to ${WRKDIR}.

     WRKSRC        Subdirectory of ${WRKDIR} where the actual source is.  Base
                   for configuration (default: ${WRKDIST}) Note that WRKSRC
                   may be a symbolic link, if set to ${WRKDIR}.

May I know why do you think WRKSRC is more suitable?

- What do you mean by "unversioned docs directory"? Is it not appropriate to
copy (or INSTALL_DATA) those 3 files to ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${DISTNAME}/ (which
resolves to /usr/local/share/doc/p5-App-cpanminus)?

Regards,
Edward.