Hi ports@,

This is my first port so bring in your favourite flame-thrower to the
party.

This port has a very active upstream which is really open to taking up
pull requests.
In case you notice any problems with the software itself - feel free to
ping me in order
to propagate it up to the developers via a single channel.

Testing:

This port has been tested on a i386 snapshot of (Jan 10) OpenBSD 5.7
using xfce4.

Most desired tests are of course:
 - different DE (gnome, kde, other)
 - different architectures

What I am not sure about:
 - dependencies
I listed the ones actually reported by port-lib-depends-check & the
portcheck utility.
I have a bad hunch that I might be missing some build time Qt
dependencies that I just
have installed on my system.
 - rdeps
The ones I have come from portcheck. I added the update-desktop-database
& gtk-update-icon-cache
to the port as I saw other ports with custom icons using it. I think
they imposed the dependency
and I'm not really sure if that's the right way to go with it.

Patches applied to the port:
 - otter-browser/patches/patch-CMakeLists_txt
   This patch makes sure that icons are properly prefixed with
   /usr/local/share instead
   of the previously hardcoded /usr/share.
   The patch has been upstreamed and merged
   (https://github.com/Emdek/otter/pull/658)

Note about the version, the actual tagged revision for v0.9.04 is:
 - 869d29d19719b3057e137a79d4a10025d2c920f6
but we were asked by upstream to release from the following commit:
 - 23d7ee6f9cd636e750687a01975b177c1c9c2e53
as it's considered an important fix affecting the majority of users.

Known issues:
 - crash while closing a modal dialog
 - crash while resizing the window

Both crashes are internal to Qt5 (double free inside the lib).
This issue was reported upstream by Caspar Schutijser and the fix was
committed
to the Qt5 tree:
 -

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/commit/d40b66a8ef98777c69ac293dac9a332f88832c23

bug report:
 - https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-43623

Hopefully both crashes will go away as soon as those changes land in the
OpenBSD ports tree.
In my humble opinion at least the modal dialog one should go away with
the patches.

Workarounds:
 - kill $HOME/.config/otter/ after a crash to avoid the restore session
 modal

$ cat otter-browser/pkg/DESCR
Otter Browser aims to recreate the best aspects of the classic Opera
(12.x) UI using the Qt5 library & the WebKit engine.

Regards,
--
  Adam Wolk
  adam.w...@koparo.com