Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado said:
> The files will not show up again in the future in the PLIST.

Indeed.  Also

> - I would prefer to keep the old behavior in do-install. INSTALL_* will
>   use the correct permissions for every type of file/dir.

We currently install everything (except bin/go and bin/gofmt) with
INSTALL_DATA, thus stripping executable bits from several tools and
scripts.  I am not sure it is a good idea.  FWIW I switched do-install
to cp because tests of some package wanted to use some script from go's
own tests, and assumed that it has 'x' permission bit set.  Provided
that we don't package much software in go, it may be worth keeping
closer to upstream.

Tracking permissions manually and using INSTALL_{PROGRAM,SCRIPT} when
needed would require much effort with no real benefit.  Just using cp
instead we get

  $ find /usr/local/go -type f -exec stat -f '%Su %Sg %Sp' {} + | sort | uniq -c
  7483 root bin -r--r--r--
    34 root bin -r-xr-xr-x

with two lines of shell commands.  Even if permission changes will be
required in future, it will likely be easier to chmod individual files.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff