On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 10:31:21PM +0100, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> On 2017-02-27 Daniel Dickman <didick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > devel/utop
> >
> > please no.
>
> I acknowlegde this is a very useful tool for the OCaml developer, but
> it also has heavy dependencies.
> Since most OCaml users on OpenBSD use opam, maintaining this stuff is a
> burden.

I also would like to keep utop if possible. Can you install utop from
opam? If so you can probably nuke the port. FWIW, I have never used
opam, but then, I only dabbled in OCaml.

> As an alternative, when utop is unavailable, I use `rlwrap ocaml` to get
> nice command line editing.

I recall that I didn't get on with this solution for some reason.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk