I have current running on some machines and multiple times a week I will update
them by booting bsd.rd and doing the (u) option (i think that is the ‘proper’
way to update to the latest current base system).

I will occasionally update all the packages I have installed by doing a
‘pkg_add -u’ as root.  Based on the output, it is going through the packages,
checking for newer versions, and updating if there is one.  It then prints a
“pkgname-oldver->newver” string.  The thing is, a lot of the time the old
version and new version is the same.  What does this mean?  A slight tweak to a
makefile or something that wasn’t significant enough to rev the version number?
 Some date discrepancy with the mirror i am pulling it from?  I know it’s a
small thing, but it really has me puzzled.

Jordon