Here is a new port for ibus-hangul which allows you to select and configure hangul in ibus. It requires a new version of libhangul (please see my other mail). The patch for the python script isn't necessary on linux; i've created a pull request anyways [1].

It works fine for me on amd64 and the ibus from ports. Check [2] for proof ;).

But i am a bit unsure about the WANTLIB section: make port-lib-depends-check demands the version from the makefile, but then, portcheck is a bit skeptical:

$ /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/portcheck
1 line(s) longer than 80 chars in Makefile
the following libraries in WANTLIB look like masked by RUN_DEPENDS: ffi gio-2.0 glib-2.0 gmodule-2.0 gobject-2.0 ibus-1.0 pcre
inputmethods/ibus-hangul

Another remark: on my current snapshot, the package needs to be built with:
  $ make package PKG_CREATE_NO_CHECKS=warn

Any comments?

Nils

[1] https://github.com/choehwanjin/ibus-hangul/pull/45
[2] https://www.hxgn.net/files/2017-04-12-031203_1024x659_scrot.png