On 2017/05/17 10:02, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:50:32AM +0300, Paul Irofti wrote:
> > First the base/Makefile diff does not apply cleanly (but I fixed that by
> > hand). I think it is due to the REVISION bump and you need to update the
> > diff.
>
> Thanks. I'll fix that soon in openbsd-wip.
>
> > Second, I can not build the docs.
> >   E=print/texlive/texmf,-docs:texlive-20160523b-texmf.tar.xz
> > I am attaching the dist log. Please advise.
>
> Here's the problem:
>
> > Connected to tug.org.
> > 220 FTP Server ready.
> > 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password
> > 530 Sorry, max 10 users -- try again later
>
> This is a known issue. If you look at my mail from 7 May, I was asking
> about this there. The server also has a tendency to kick you off
> mid-transfer.

ftp.tug.org doesn't like the method that ftp(1) uses to send keepalives
on the control channel.

We had problems with other servers with this too (and they do work fine
with other ftp clients including other ones that send NOOP keepalives,
but those other clients read the server's responses to NOOP during the
ongoing transfer, whereas ftp(1) doesn't read them until the end).

You should be able to fetch it with ftp -k0 (or cURL, etc).

> Is there a way for me to upload the distfiles directly to our mirror?
> Stuart might be able to help with mirroring?

2GB is pushing it for me.