On Mon 28/05/2018 23:50, Elias M. Mariani wrote:
> Decided to change the way in witch the regression test is performed.
> New version attached.

> > pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive
> > data structures designed to make working with "relational" or
> > "labeled" data both easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental
> > high-level building block for doing practical, real world data
> > analysis in Python. Additionally, it has the broader goal of becoming
> > the most powerful and flexible open source data analysis /
> > manipulation tool available in any language. It is already well on its
> > way toward this goal.
> >
> > Here is the result of a fast pytest test:
> >  7 failed, 23637 passed, 2470 skipped, 77 xfailed, 22 xpassed, 4
> > warnings in 17223.28 seconds
> >
> > I added some dependencies to TEST_DEPENDS to avoid some of the skipped
> > tests (it takes to long to run a full test suite, but the code is
> > clearly working).
> >
> > The only problem that I encountered is that the "make test" should be
> > done after "make fake", against the fake directory, because the port
> > builds some C libraries that are needed in place, if this is a big
> > problem (clearly at least an ugly one...) I can make a test flavor to
> > do a different kind of "in place" build to allow the test to be done
> > without the fake framework but mixing this with the python3 flavor
> > seems adding complexity for nothing in my opinion.
> > if you run:
> > make fake
> > make test
> > The tests run fine and return the results without a problem if you
> > need to see the regression tests in an interactive way.
> > I do not know if the test are done in bulk or something that might be
> > a problem with this.
> >
> > Beside that the fails are minor and it tests A LOT of thinks that 7
> > failures are because timezone in the test machine is not set to UTC
> > and for the lack of some test dependencies that I already added
> > (py-html5lib) for example... the documentation about the test suite is
> > kind of lacking in the project buy it covers pretty everything.
> >
> > Looking for opinions, OKs and someone to commit.
> > :)
> >
> > Attached and available in openbsd-wip if someone else want to see/edit
> > the files online.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Elias.

Did you know that py-pandas already was in openbsd-wip? You can find it
at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/math/py-pandas

That said, I had a quick look at your Makefile, and have some comments:
- I think CATEGORIES should be math
- DEPS should be sorted
- Instead of having math/py-numpy${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=1.9.0 in RDEP you
  could use ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
- Having py-pandas as test dependency doesn't make sense. Please have
  a look at shadchin@'s port as mentioned above

My suggestion would be to contact shadchin@ and try to combine efforts.

BTW pandas would make a great addition to ports.