Okey, I need advice from Stuart or someone
:)

The problem is the following:
Pandas can be built "inplace" for testing and for building the docs.
If you do it "inplace" yo do not have the "install" option on setup.py
to automatically get a nice and clean install, one should "get the
files" from in between the source... not nice... and not something
that I want to maintain that way...
If you do it with the normal build-install approach you get py-pandas
ready to go, but without docs.
You can build the docs and run the tests once py-pandas is installed,
the docs can be built quickly separately, so no problem there, I would
just make py-pandas-docs and that's it.
The problem is with the test, the test only works well when testing
itself (that is, testing against site-packages/pandas), this is not
nice ether because it leaves a horrible trail of files in the package
directory and if you run uninstall will get the "directory not empty"
problem.
But test pass pretty good, I would need someone to really test the
"live?" version of py-pandas, maybe Edd can help me with this.

If the normal build style is acceptable with building docs separately
and testing itself is OK I will proceed to merge the py-pandas in wip.
I could not reach shadchin@ to talk this with him and according to
github that repository is the for a year now... so... I like
aggressive takeovers. :)

Cheers.
Elias.