On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 03:46:48PM -0300, Elias M. Mariani wrote:
> If the normal build style is acceptable with building docs separately
> and testing itself is OK I will proceed to merge the py-pandas in wip.
> I could not reach shadchin@ to talk this with him and according to
> github that repository is the for a year now... so... I like
> aggressive takeovers. :)

Not sure if this helps, but the version in openbsd-wip has a (commented)
block which looks like it does a second (in-place) build to make the
docs:
https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/blob/cb917e8bcdf2b912209f97652eca484494138fa3/math/py-pandas/Makefile#L65-L68

If we really can't get the docs until the package is installed, you
could use SUBDIRs, and have a doc subdir BUILD_DEPEND on the main
package.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett