On 08/16/18 13:24, Tom Murphy wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 04:59:54PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
On 08/14/18 16:30, Tom Murphy wrote:
I've updated the original tarball to move the info from
the DESCR into the README.

Again, this is a kind of sister port to games/ezquake.
It's only for hosting a Quakeworld server. You still need
the original Quake 1 data files that must be purchased with the
game.

Is this OK?

Thanks!
Tom
I've made a number of changes to this. Make sure the pkg/* stuff is still
correct. That opening line to the pkg/DESCR sounds a little too advertise-y
for my tastes but maybe someone else will tell me it's fine.

~Brian

Looks good! I reworded the DESCR a little bit to make it sound less of
an "advertisement".
Updated tarball attached. Thanks,
Tom

I don't want to send a whole tarball back because all I did was change the pkg/DESCR to:

```
MVDSV (MultiView Demo SerVer) is a QuakeWorld server that not only
offers a multiplayer environment, but also allows you to record demos
from every player's point of view as well as provide different game
modes.

While this package and the game server are open source, one still needs
to provide the original game assets from Quake, which is not open
source. You will need to purchase the original game to use this package.
```

For the first paragraph, it's just tweaking the tenses of the sentences so they all agree. I really like this language for the second paragraph, because it lets everyone know at a glance that the actual software being distributed in the package is entirely open source, and therefore we can distribute it in the first place, but just because this package is able to be distributed doesn't make it useful--you'll have to supply this other non-open source software yourself in order to make it useful. Which lets users make easier decisions regarding whether or not to install this package.

~Brian